We are always happy to hear from folks who want to share their expertise and passions in online classes. EOA takes a very unique approach to homeschooling: Our kids and teens TEACH classes! Teaching something takes learning to a whole new level.
We are seeking people of ALL ages, with these qualifications:
1) Expertise and passion in a subject area acquired through experience and/or formal education. We do not require formal certification.
2) A love for the Lord and a genuine desire to serve Him by joining our mission!
3) A heart for developing relationships & learning alongside/teaching others.
4) Online class teachers are required to:
- provide their own computer
- have high-speed internet
- have access to microphone and webcam & be comfortable being on camera for classes
- be familiar with basic computer skills and skilled in troubleshooting
Perhaps you OR your teenager can’t commit to planning & teaching a regularly-scheduled course, but he/she has a favorite subject, that they are talented in. They can contribute here at EOA!
We want to build a strong database of EOA tutors, able to help with:
- Foreign languages
- Writing (composition, grammar, etc.)
- Test prep
- and more!
If you have questions as to whether the subjects you can tutor are NEEDED, please don’t hesitate to contact Alicia Thorson at email@example.com!
If you are interested in applying to teach or tutor, please follow these instructions:
1) Fill out the Teacher Application form. If you are 18 years old and above, please use this form: 18 and above. For those who are under 18 years of age, please use this form: Under 18.
2) Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Subject Line: Primary subject area(s) you’d like to teach/tutor AND Your name
Example: Baking – Jane Jones
- In the body of the email, please provide the following information:
- a brief description of the course(s) you’re interested in teaching
- Books/Resources that are required/optional for the course
- suggested age or grade ranges
- Suggested day & time of your class, as well as the duration of the class.
- include any other information you think would be helpful to us.
If you have any questions, please contact me at: email@example.com (262-442-8888)